Terrazzo Floor Restoration
As the property owner, it is normal for you to express your expectations when it comes to restoring terrazzo floors. Since terrazzo restoration is tough thing to do, it needs to be done by a professional terrazzo technician.
When you pulled up or simply remove any carpets, you can see some carpet tack strip holes that are left behind on the floor. Every hole you see have to be cleaned up properly but it is very important to keep the color matched as well as the cement shade. In case you discover some carpet strings in your home, you might know the pain of removing them. Remember, it is important to restore terrazzo floors in your home in most accurate and proper way because wrong treatment could result to permanent damages and cracks. Seeking the terrazzo professionals can certainly help you if you need terrazzo floor restoration projects. Aside from that, hiring the experts can save money in the long run since their works are excellent.
On the other hand, performing an immediate action for the terrazzo is also essential. Following are the basic tips on how to restore terrazzo at home.
You will need the following materials for do-it-yourself terrazzo floor restoration:
(A) Vacuum cleaner
(B) Bucket of clean water
(C) Microfiber cleaning mop or dust mop
(D) Oil soap
(E) Terry cloth
1. Remove all the dust, debris or sand from the terrazzo floors. Ensure that all form of dirt will be removed by using a vacuum cleaner. Choose a vacuum that is safe to use even on hard floors like terrazzo floors. Do not use a vacuum that will scratch the floors.
2. Now, get the empty bucket and fill it up with clean water. Add at least ½ to 1 full tablespoon of an oil soap. Choose the mild oil soap for your terrazzo floor.
3. Pour an ample amount of the oil soap solution you made directly to the area. Start cleaning the floors and the entire surface of the terrazzo by wiping it with the microfiber mop. Begin to focus on a small area at a time. Thus, keep in mind that you should also be watchful with the small pieces of debris that might get stuck on the grit of the terrazzo because it can cause damages and scratches to the floor surfaces.
4. It’s time to dry. Wipe the treated terrazzo floor with the use of the terry cloth. Afterwards, you can also buff the terrazzo floors to help it shine and become beautiful again.
5. Rinse the mop and clean it before you move to the next area. If the solution in your bucket becomes cloudy and darker, simply prepare a new solution again.
On the other hand, for severe damages for your terrazzo at home must be handled properly by the professionals. Contact Terrazzo Restoration.Net today for free quotes and estimation.